Saddlebackers, many of you by now have seen the Saddleback Mountain Foundation's announcement of their initiative to raise monies for the purchase of the mountain. We wish them well with their efforts. We continue to work with the Saddleback Mountain Foundation, in addition to the other qualified buyers who are also in the process of pursuing the purchase of the resort. When the trail is clear we will update you.
As of today we know the following:
We will not be open for February vacation week and any update on a possible opening date will be posted as we receive the information.
Saddleback is more than a mountain - it is a community of people. We are asking for your support as we seek to ensure the long term viability of this community. The Berry Family has made the decision not to pressure the buyer but to be supportive of the situation. We are very grateful to the condominium owners, season pass holders and local businesses for being so supportive of our position.
Latest Update: At this point putting in a lift for this season is off the table. The options we are still pursuing are as follows:
1. 4 separate buyers looking at purchasing the resort and operating this season with the current lift configuration.
2. 1 buyer looking to purchase the resort in the spring
3. A limited operation for the 2015-2016 season if option 1 doesn’t materialize.
Our goal is to have a clear future by the first week in October, so that if none of the operational options pan out we can allow our customers to look at other options for the 2015-2016 season.
SADDLEBACKERS: All of us are waiting to see what the future holds for Saddleback.
Over the past 44 days we have exhausted all reasonable financing options for replacing the Rangeley Double chair with a quad. Although we have not been able to secure financing for the quad, there has been significant interest in a purchase of the resort. As many of you know commercial transactions of this nature take time; Buyers need to do their due diligence (homework) and the process requires a high level of confidentiality. The degree of confidentiality can be frustrating to all of us because we would love to tell you what is going on but legal restrictions prevent us from sharing.
Here are the scenarios we are working through now:
1. We have a buyer negotiating to buy the resort and install a quad lift this season.
2. We have a buyer negotiating to buy the resort; remain closed for the ski season and install a lift next summer.
3. We have two potential buyers looking at operating status quo for the winter. Improvements would begin next summer.
4. We are also discussing a leasing option.
The Berry Family is evaluating all options with the goal of a sustainable future for Saddleback.
We appreciate the outpouring of support from our community and customers – this is a tough time for all of us. We understand the frustration about the unpredictability of the future and not being able to make winter plans. We assure you we are doing everything in our power to resolve these questions as soon as possible.