Our Ride or Ski in 3 deal is so great! 3 days of lessons, rentals and tickets, plus a season pass for such a low price it is like getting a season pass for free! Less than a week left on this great deal. http://www.soldiermountain.com/ski-school.html
Want to know how to have the best day possible when being out on the slopes? It starts with wearing the right gear! Here are 5 tips to help you stay warm, dry and happy out in the snow:
1. Wear wicking, non-cotton layers. While it is cold outside, you may work up a sweat when skiing or boarding. Choosing quick-drying, wicking layers closest to your skin will help keep you warm and comfortable.
2. Choose snug, tall socks in a performance material like wool. No one wants cold toes with their socks bunched down by their heels. Quality socks are expensive but they are worth the money!
3. Wear outer layers that are at least water resistant, preferably waterproof. You'll have to decide if you want to wear shells or outer layers that are insulated. If you choose to wear non-insulated shells, make sure to wear a mid-layer made out of something like wool or fleece.
4. Googles that fit your face are essential to being able to see well. Light bounces off snow, blowing snow can make seeing difficult and cold air can make you tear up, so tinted goggles that protect your eyes will make your day more enjoyable.
5. Safety first! Wear a helmet that works well with your goggles. Try them on together to be sure.
Have fun out there!