Don't think there is quite enough snow, especially as the ground is not frozen and the grass is still a bit lon - come on sheep, get 'cutting' the grass!! We'll review in the morning but seems unlikely for this weekend. More snow forecast for Sunday, so Monday is a possibility. To get the latest update, phone the answer machine on: 0191 5974 174
Forecast is for a reasonable snow fall tomorrow night & Wednesday morning so we may be able to run the tows on Wednesday. At the moment, our answer machine service is out of action and will re-start next week on a different number: 0191 5974 174.
In the meantime, if you want to check out the possibility of skiing on Wednesday, look at the latest Snow Conditions on club's website - http://ski-allenheads.co.uk/snow-conditions-and-weather/, or at this Facebook page. Both will be updated on Wednesday morning, probably around 9.00am.
Tough but successful day in heavy snow!! Both tows are up and running, thanks to the handful of people who turned up.I'm not sure we have all recovered yet from the cold, wet & exertion but at least everything is ready for the heavy snow forecast for Tuesday. Pictures to be added once Facebook lets me!
If you're coming up to Allenheads this Sunday from the Durham, Wearside direction, please note that the road is closed from Rookhope to Allenheads. The closure is for all of the weekend.
The alternative routes are via Cowshill or Hexham.